What we do
IAM’S INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY
IAM’s investment philosophy has remained unchanged over its 30 years history. We’ve based our solutions on four fundamental principles:
Focus on client & investor objectives
All our solutions are undertaken with our investors’ and clients’ goals in mind. Our tailor made portfolios (either through an advisory or discretionary agreement), fund of funds, and Alternative UCITS platform all share the aim of preserving our clients’ capital, and using the best tools to do so.
Our investment solutions are alternative and absolute returned focused.
Absolute commitment to identify the best managers & strategies
We use proprietary research to identify promising investment managers. Typically with an absolute return target and non-benchmarked focussed
IAM’s qualitative and quantitative processes ensure invested managers are closely tracked at each stage, allowing IAM to risk manage the positions.
A disciplined investment process with a focus on risk control
IAM has a dedicated operational due diligence team with veto power over investment decisions.
On top of this, IAM operates an active and pragmatic approach to risk control, employing proprietary quantitative systems that ensure IAM remains vigilant in meeting our goals
Liquidity and transparency of the investments
IAM has a bias for liquid strategies and demands full transparency of their investments
Segregated Accounts - Our speciality
- Portfolios are constructed to fulfill a client’s individual investment objectives and to complement their overall portfolio.
- Portfolio construction dictated by client guidelines including liquidity, strategy and manager allocations, regional diversification and currency hedging.
- Flexibility to amend and modify investment guidelines to adapt to changing market circumstances.
- Clients have their own portfolio eliminating redemption risk at fund of hedge fund level.
- Accounts are structured according to client’s preferences eg. choice of custodian.
- IAM works in partnership with each client to ensure a complete understanding of their portfolio, offering education and access to key IAM decision makers.
- Full disclosure of all portfolio holdings.
- Customised reporting according to the needs of each client, including attribution and contribution analysis of each strategy and manager risk adjusted returns.
IAM Global Long/Short Equity Strategy Fund Ltd*
- Use as an active equity substitute.
- Proven risk control through IAM’s systematic and rigorous investment process.
- Benefit from IAM’s 28-year specialist experience investing in hedge funds – avoidance of hedge fund failures.
Invests in a diversified portfolio of hedge funds, in principally Long/Short Equity strategies, with the aim of achieving consistent absolute returns with low volatility relative to traditional equity markets.
Open-ended investment company, registered in the British Virgin Islands and listed on the Irish Stock Exchange. Available in USD, EUR and GBP.
Date of inception
1.5% management fee, 10% performance fee above a hurdle rate of 5% pa.
Monthly subscriptions and redemptions.
Initial: US$100,000, subsequent: US$50,000.
*Residents or citizens of the United States of America are specifically prohibited from investing in this fund.
Please note: These guidelines are mentioned for information only and are subject to change.